Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Last Song - 5/5

Title: The Last Song,
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Chick-lit
Page Count: 480
Rating: 5/5


Plot in Under 10:

Exiled, angry, scared, lonely and falling for the wrong guy.
Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry at her parents, especially at her father.Until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with her dad. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, spending most of his time working on a stained glass window for the local church that burned down.The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that shows, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

My Review

I love Nicholas Sparks; I sometimes want to throw his stupid sad endings at his heart-wrenching head (Nights in Rodanthe, Message in A Bottle…), but I love him. This book is a perfect example of why. It was so fantastic I just sat there with a tear streaked face hugging it when I turned the last page.The 3 things I loved most:
1) Ronnie: the girls got attitude and I love it. She was stubborn and witty and I felt in love with her character (not to thrilled the Miley was cast in the movie, although I will withhold my opinions until I actually see it)

2) Will: oh come on, who doesn’t love a swoon-worthy guy who has a brain too?

3) Steve and Jonah: Their father/son relationship was just so cute (for lack of a better word) I was smiling, laughing and yes even crying through their scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment