Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crash Into Me - Banned Book 1

I decided to take part in the banned/challenged book challenge this month. The challenge: read some of the books that are being banned/challenged (books people are trying to get on the ALA list). This is the first book I've read (on purpose) from the list and I'm shocked that it would be on there, but then again I don't think there should be a list to begin with so...

Title: Crash Into Me
Author: Albert Borris
Genre: Young Adult, Fiction
Page Count: 272 Pages
Rating: 4/5




Owen, Frank, Audrey, and Jin-Ae have one thing in common: they all want to die. When they meet online after each attempts suicide and fails, the four teens make a deadly pact: they will escape together on a summer road trip to visit the sites of celebrity suicides...and at their final destination, they will all end their lives. As they drive cross-country, bonding over their dark impulses, sharing their deepest secrets and desires, living it up, hooking up, and becoming true friends, each must decide whether life is worth living--or if there's no turning back.

My Review:

An interesting look into the minds of four teens battling suicide. They travel across country together on an ever evolving pilgrimage to death valley. They plan to finally die together, they didn't plan to learn how to live. Very honest and compelling story about life, death and the struggle in-between.

I loved all of the "Top 10 Lists" and the bits of humour laced through the book to lighten the mood. One of my favorite quotes is "Suddenly I grasped what was happening- they were all trying to save me. I never thought I was worth saving."

My Rating: 4/5


You'll like this series if you liked:

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Looking for Alaska by John Green, or Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment