Thursday, December 23, 2010

Shifters #3


Continuing with my re-read of the Shifters series here is book 3...


Title: Pride

Author: 

Rachel Vincent

Series: SHIFTERS, #3

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Page Count: 400 Pages

Rating: 4/5


I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend—and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride—along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human. I'm two for three. A goner. Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council. If I survive my own trial…


My Review:

My thoughts from the first time around: "The trial, the tabby, and the coup...

Again, I loved the book but it wasn't my favourite because I spent most of it totally annoyed at the Alphas and the whole trial fiasco, which I know was the point but I like a book that leaves me happy, or expectant, not annoyed. All that said I still give it 2 thumbs up."

Calvin Malone makes me grate my teeth and shake my fist in the air. We meet him and a couple more Alpha's in this book. In the previous two books the council and their rules are touched on but we get a front row seat for one of their trials as Faythe stands trial for murder and infecting stray.

In the background of the trial there are some trouble-making strays and enough sneakiness to make your toes curl. I was so angry with the unjust council I wanted to throw my book - but then I cuddled it to my chest and promised it I would never do that! I can't be mad that this book is consistant with the first two in keeping me aligned with Faythe's feelings, and she feels enraged and impotent by the trial too.

The story of the strays and missing humans keeps the length of the trial from becoming too much, and we get to meet a Bruin which I quite enjoyed. I hope we see more of him in the future.

Overall not my favourite book in the series but it was most definitely a needed chapter in Faythe's story and still a great and exciting read.

My Rating: 4/5


Other books in this series:

#1 Stray, #2 Rogue, #4 Prey, #5 Shift, #6 Alpha

You'll like this series if you liked:

The Soul Screamers Series by Rachel Vincent, Riley Jensen Series by Keri Arthur, or Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment