Friday, December 9, 2011

Twilight Graphic Novels - 5/5


Title: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 & 2
Author: Stephenie Meyer (author) and Young Kim (artist)
Series: Twilight the Graphic Novel
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Page Count: 244 Pages (vol. 1), 240 Pages (vol. 2)
Pub. Date: Hardcover published in March 2010, and October 2011 by Yen Press
Rating: 5/5
Vol. 1:
When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...

Vol.2:
Having uncovered the dark secret of her enigmatic classmate, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan embraces her feelings for him, trusting Edward to keep her safe despite the risks. When a rival clan of vampires makes its way into Forks, though, the danger to Bella has never been more real. Will she make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the people dearest to her? 

~ My Review ~

Volume 1:

I love anything Twilight so it is hard for me to be a subjective reviewer. I loved the illustrations, they were way closer to what the characters looked like to me when I was reading then the actors that took over the roles after I had seen the movies (obviously more surreal versions). The settings and bulding we another fun thing to finally see, and with splitting it up into two books even the condensed gaphic novel had so much to offer visually, that I didnt mind how much ad to be left out. I'll leave it at that.

Volume 2:

It was nice to have the rest of the story finally after waiting a whole year. As with the first book, the images are stunning, and the adaptation of the story is just right. I particularly loved seeing the Cullen house and the "bad vamps" the way they were described in the original book.

Overall:

I don't really have anything bad to say about these two books. They are kind of like the Cole's Notes of Twilight for when I want to read the story but can't find the time to fit it in. They are the first graphic novels I have read, but now I am interested in reading some more for comparisson.

My Rating: 5/5




~ You'll like this series if you liked ~
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer


~Links 4 More~
Author Website: here
Add to your Shelfari: here
Add to your Goodreads: here
Buy it at Bookdepository (Free Shipping): here or here

B.J. Kenney
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment