Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Soul to Steal - 5/5 Re-Review

Title: My Soul to Steal

Author: Rachel Vincent

Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal

Page Count: 352 Pages

Rating: 5/5



I read and reviewed the ARC for My Soul to Steal last year and you can find my original review here. But, seeing as how I am participating in the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge, I thought I would share my thoughts on my re-read of the book for this month's post.

~My RE-Review~

Another home run for Rachel Vincent. This series never ceases to surprise and amaze me. I never know what's coming and I never want it to end! Even re-reading this book I was angry and sad and beyond torn. It is a truly well-crafted emotional rollercoaster.

I must say that I love that someone finally wrote a love triangle from the perspective of one of the rivals. There are so many "but I love them both, how ever will I choose?!" plot lines (and don't get me wrong I still love those stories) but it was nice - albeit heartbreaking and frustrating - to be in the shoes of one of the "love interests" for once. Kaylee's struggle to cope with Sabine's involvement in Nash's life brutal and perfect to witness.

And Sabine, my oh my how I love to hate her. I thought I disliked Sophie, but now she's nothing compared to the Nightmare. I kept trying to put myself in her shoes, but they are uncomfortable and muddy shoes that are making a mess of everywhere she walks. I never wanted Kay to use her gifts for harm until this book. I found myself thinking, I wonder if she can rip Sabine's soul out of her body while still alive? As you can tell I am not a fan of boyfriend stealers!

Great book from start to finish.

~My Rating~


Other books in this series (Click highlighted titles for my review)

1 - My Soul to Take
2 - My Soul to Save
3 - My Soul to Keep
4 - My Soul to Steal
5 - If I Die
6 - Before I Wake
7 - With All My Soul

Prequels and Short Stories:
0.1 - My Soul to Lose
0.2 - Reaper
0.3 - Fearless (Kiss Me Deadly - Anthology)
4.2 - Niederwald (Enthralled - Anthology)
5.1 - Never to Sleep

Links 4 More: 

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment