Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Shiver

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls: Book 1

Pages: 390

Published: August 1st 2009

Rating: 5/5


Description:
For years, Grace has w
atched the wolves in the woods behind her house.
One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without.
Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl.
In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.
Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away.
It's her wolf.
It has to be.
But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay hum
an--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

My Review:

Plot in under 10:
Girl gets attacked by werewolves then falls for one.
*smiles* I just…I just…LOVED this book. Five stars for sure! I loved Sam and Grace. Most of the time I don’t like one of the main characters for some reason or another, but I was in love with them both from the start.

The characters wooed me, but the story captivated me. Great plot development and killer suspense throughout. Shiver is a completely new take on werewolves that was fresh and riviting.

I feel like there is so much I could say about the awesomeness that is Shiver, but my mind is a big mush of happy incoherent thoughts. Seriously if you haven’t read this one, it’s a must.

My Rating:


You'd Like This Book if You Liked:


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer,  Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa or Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

No comments:

Post a Comment