Friday, January 1, 2010

A Quick Review of 2 books

Reading: Lover Enshrined / An Insider's Guide 
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Alright so I just finished Lover Enshrined, the 6th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I finished books 4 and 5 since my last post, and am currently about halfway through the Insider’s Guide. I have book 7 but seeing as how the guide was released first I thought I’d go in order.

Lover Enshrined definitely wasn’t my favorite of the series. Phury kind of pisses me off with his martyrdom so I found it hard to connect with the story. But I discovered I really like Qhuinn, his dialogue with Blay is hilarious and I really like his character.

I’m liking the Insiders guide so far. There’s a short story called “Father Mine” to start it off. It’s about Z coming to terms with being a dad and all that entails. I loved that little story, very cute. Ward interviews each of the characters and gives deleted scenes and all sorts of goodies. 

*note*
After reading the rest of the guide I give it two thumbs up. I've read a few "guides" and this one is on the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment